Monday, January 24, 2011

From the Bluff

Union Pacific freight train and Blue Heron paper mill in Oregon City.

Another day, another photo of a freight train from the bluff in Oregon City. This is a wider, horizontal version of January 10th's post, and it's the same train, the daily Portland to Roseville freight. In this view, you can see part of the walkway along the edge of the bluff, a city park that essentially comprises my backyard. And for the record, the walkway and railing jut out here, so I'm not standing on the far side, perched precariously on the edge of the cliff (not that I've never done something that for a photo). Not much to add to this view, but I did make an interesting discovering today about the water feature that I mentioned in my January 18th post. According to Oregon City's website, the manmade waterfall that relocated Singer Creek was built in 1936-37 through the Works Progress Administration.

No comments: